Matthew 9:12-13 "But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (KJV)
I rarely rant. I normally avoid confrontation at all costs because it upsets my stomach. I usually subscribe to a turn-the-other-cheek philosophy. However, if the Federal government messes with me having access to any other of the few medications that my doctors have actually found to work for me, I may have to set up my sick bed in the middle of Congress.
I've had it up to my eyeballs with the DoD requiring military dependents travel back to their doctors to have forms filled out by their doctors verifying they have "Prior Authorization" from their doctors for the medicine their doctors wrote the prescriptions for in the first place before the military pharmacy (or if the military pharm isn't allowed to fill it for some Catch 22 reason, the mail order pharmacy) will process it.
And the FDA leaves drugs on the market that have people keeling over from heart attacks or strokes as long as the manufacturer puts a warning on it, but the only med that has ever given me absolute relief from my migraines with no side effects or addiction they take off the market and nobody can tell me why (except that it might be because it contained acetaminophen and some idiots were taking Tylenol along with it and ruining it for the rest of us migraine sufferers).
But if they start taking my meds away, instead of slowly and painfully wasting away, I might just commit "suicide" by gluttony. I'll surround that sickbed on the Congressional floor with all my favorite fruits, mint tea, iced coffee, corn chips and salsa, pickles, peanuts, macadamias and whatever else I remember by then that I've been missing. Then I'll conduct my own personal eating contest to see how many of the foods I can consume before I stop breathing, with DNR orders and instructions that my remains and that of my last supper be left right where we fall, on display for at least a month. Anybody want to join me?



No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome your comments and discussion of the topics I write about. Feel free to ask questions. I'll try to answer as I am able, but please be patient as some days chronic illness makes it difficult to meet all my responsibilities. God's love and blessings.